Moin Moin Bites
Are you having a party? Want a special treat for your guest? Serve them these Buki’s Moin Moin bites staple. These sure to be loved by young and old.
This Moin Moin bites is a creation of Buki's, recipes contributor for Jálè. For more delicious recipes photos and videos , check out her
- 1 cup of Oloyin beans, soaked and peeled
- 2 Cups of Peeled beans (Just soak overnight)
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 or 2 habanero peppers (optional)
- 3 tbsp palm oil
- 2 tbsp ground crayfish or shrimp powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme (dried if you have none)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- Silicone moulds (small sizes as these are appetizers)
- Baking pan that is bigger than the moulds
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz till smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Spoon the mixture into your moulds. The size moulds I used makes about 40 pieces
- Place in a bigger pan and pour water in the pan
- Cover with foil paper and place in pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean-ish.
- Let cool a bit before takin out of the mould (you may need to spoon the moin moin out)
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice (bbq, hot sauce...) or on it’s own