Mega Malted Ovaltine Milkshake
Made with chocolate ice cream, malted milk balls, and Ovaltine: this cold, chocolatey dessert is perfect for malt-lovers! It uses Ovaltine, a creamy and rich chocolate flavor powder that can be prepared as drink with water or milk.
Ovomaltine was exported to Britain in 1909. It is believed that a misspelling of the name on the trademark registration application led to the name being shortened to Ovaltine in English-speaking markets.
chilled pint glass
1/2 c. milk
1/4 cup Ovaltine
1 pint chocolate ice cream
Crushed Ovaltine Cookies
Whipped cream topping (optional)
Chocolate Sauce (optional)
- Combine ingredients in a blender or a food processor fitted with a blade attachment.
- Pulse 8 to 10 times or until mostly smooth.
- If mixture is too thick, add milk a little at a time and blend.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped crushed malt cookies and pulse 4 to 5 times more to combine.
- Pour into a chilled pint glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and crumbled cookies