This recipe is so simple and quick to make that there really is no time-related excuse for not whipping up a batch… especially if you have bananas that no one wants to eat anymore. Sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan it ticks all the boxes for a healthy and intolerance snack.
This Gari Macaroons is a creation of Buki's, recipes contributor for Jálè. For more delicious recipes photos and videos , check out her
- 3 bananas, crushed with a fork
- 70g garri
- 40g dessicated coconut
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Silicone mould or baking tray
- Parchment Paper
- Mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until properly combined
- Use a spoon to scoop up small portions and place on a baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350°F for about 15 mins. Check after 10 mins, you don’t want them to be rubbery
- Let it cool or baking rack, Bon Appetit!t
TIPS from Buka Buki
- It is a base recipe so feel free to express yourself by adding nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, chia seeds… anything that tickles your fancy when you are making a batch. Cooking should be fun and personal taste-wise.
- I like to have bits of banana in my macaroon which is why I crush them with a fork. If that isn’t to your taste, you can blend them to have a smoother texture
- Garri tends to soak all the moisture out of any ingredients so don’t let the mix sit out for too long otherwise you will have very dry macaroons… unless that is to your taste of course!